About Anacapa Island Lighthouse in Ventura, California
The lighthouse on Anacapa Island is located at the entrance to the Santa Barbara Channel. Since it is located twelve miles offshore, the only access to Anacapa Lighthouse is by boat from Ventura Harbor to the East Isle of Anacapa Island in the Channel Islands National Park. The lightstation was established in 1912 and automated in 1968. The existing tower was constructed in 1932 and was built of reinforced concrete and brick. It is recognized for its Spanish Revival cylindrical shape with black trim on white. The tower height is 40 feet and height of the focal plane is 277 feet. The Third Order Fresnel lens was made in 1932 with present optics of DCB-24 (1991). Other structures include an oil house, radio building, tank house, two storage buildings, a crane house, cistern and dock. Operated by the the National Park Service with U.S. Coast Guard access to optic, the grounds are open and escorted tours are provided. Signs ask hikers not to approach the lighthouse as the loud foghorn can cause hearing damage (take ear plugs!).
- Anacapa Island
Ventura, CA 93001
- (805) 658-5730
- Visit website
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.