About Candlestick Point State Recreation Area in San Francisco, California
Candlestick Point State Recreation Area is an urban park on San Francisco Bay next to Candlestick Park in San Francisco, CA. Windsurfers launch here and ride in an area known as Windsurfer Circle. Fishermen drop lines from the piers, kayakers can launch here, and walkers and bikers enjoy the many trails. The 252-acre state park has a long irregular shoreline, but there is only one main sandy beach, dubbed Jack Rabbit Beach, and it is nothing special. The water here regularly has a failing grade by so it’s not a good swimming beach anyway. Check the water quality reports before entering the water here. Bayview Hill Park is nearby for a fun hike up to views of Candlestick Park, the Point, the city, and San Francisco Bay. Take the Candlestick Park exit from Highway 101 and head toward the stadium, then follow the shoreline behind the parking lot to the signed Candlestick Point State Recreation Area entrance.
- Hunters Point Expy
San Francisco, CA 94124
- Park Name
- Candlestick Point State Recreation Area
- Other Names
- Windsurfer Circle, Jack Rabbit Beach
- State Park
- Pet Details
- Dogs allowed on leash in park and on beaches
- Windsurfing, Kiteboarding, Walking, Fishing, Birdwatching, Picnicking, Biking, Kayaking
- Grass Park, Trails, Paved Bike Path, Fishing Pier, Picnic Tables, BBQs, Accessible Features, Fishing Pier
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.