About Crown Cove in Coronado, California
Crown Cove is an east-facing sandy beach on San Diego Bay in Coronado. This facility is part of Silver Strand State Beach which is located across the highway on the ocean side of Coronado Island.
The state park gets help from Southwestern College (SWC) to operate the Crown Cove Aquatic Center which is located right at the cove. Classes on boating and safety are taught at the center and rentals are available including kayaks, sailboats, and stand-up paddleboards. Accessible trails begin from Crown Cove and explore the open land north of it.
To get to Crown Cove, enter the main Silver Strand State Beach entrance and pay the required entrance fee. For Crown Cove access you will drive to the northern parking lot next to the campground where a pedestrian underpasses takes you over to Crown Cove. This is a great place for families with nice facilities and a safe swimming environment.
- 5000 Highway 75
Coronado, CA 92118
- Park Name
- Crown Cove Aquatic Center, Silver Strand State Beach
- State Park
- Pet Details
- No dogs allowed on the beach
- Fees for parking at state beach
- Swimming, Boating, Sailing, Kayaking, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Canoeing, Volleyball
- Lifeguard, Boat Rentals, Picnic Tables, Fire Pits, Restrooms, Lessons, Accessible Trails, Volleyball Court
1.4 miles away
The Sweetwater Marsh unit of the San Diego Bay National Wildlife Refuge is located on the east side of...
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.