About Dockweiler State Beach in Los Angeles, California
Dockweiler State Beach is the long beach west of the LAX Airport in the Playa Del Rey District of Los Angeles. It’s a massive sandy beach with room for everyone and all beach activities occur here. Even though the land in the park is state-owned, the beach and facilities are operated by LA County.
The main entrance to Dockweiler is at the west end of Imperial Highway where it ends at Vista Del Mar. Inside this entrance the road turns right to the main day-use beach which has three large numbered parking lots. This main beach at Dockweiler State Beach offers a wide sandy beach with lifeguards, fire pits, a paved bike path, and restroom facilities. This is a great place for swimming, sunbathing, beach walking and biking. No matter what you are doing on the beach there will be frequent jet planes overhead that are taking off or landing at LAX. Okay this isn’t the best place for a nap.
To the left (south) inside the main entrance is the Dockweiler RV Park Campground and Beach. Farther south but with a separate entrance off Vista Del Mar is the Bluff Parking Lot and Dockweiler South Beach.
- Imperial Highway and Vista Del Mar
Los Angeles, CA 90293
- Park Name
- Dockweiler State Beach, Vista Del Mar Park
- County & State
- Pet Details
- No dogs allowed on the beach
- Fee for parking
- Volleyball, Biking, Skating, Walking, Running, Sunbathing, Surfing, Fishing, Swimming, Windsurfing, Scuba Diving, Bonfires
- Lifeguards, Restrooms, Showers, Volleyball Courts, Paved Bike Path, Fire Pits, Picnic Tables, BBQs, Accessible Features
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.