About Palm Beach in Watsonville, California
Palm Beach is a day use area of Sunset State Beach which has a separate entrance. This park provides access to a wide sandy beach on Monterey Bay that is backed by beautiful grassy dunes. North and south of the park the state-owned beach continues in front of the Pajaro Dunes Resort which has condos and vacation rentals. It’s possible to walk the beach for miles in both directions. It is possible to park for free outside of the state park parking lot. This beach is popular with local farming families because most of the other beaches in the area don’t have a free parking option. To get to Palm Beach, take the Riverside Drive exit off Highway 1 near Watsonville and head west to Lee Road. Then it’s a long straight drive between farm lands on West Beach Street which leads to the parking lot. Hike up and over the high dunes to an excellent sandy strand.
- W Beach Rd and Rio Boca Rd
Watsonville, CA 95076
- Park Name
- Sunset State Beach
- Other Names
- Pajaro Beach, Palm State Beach
- State Park
- Pet Details
- Dogs allowed on leash on the beach in front of the park but not in front of homes or condos
- Fee to enter park, but free on street outside of gate
- Fishing, Picnicking, Beach Walking, Beachcombing
- Picnic Tables, BBQs, Restrooms, Showers, Lifeguards, Dunes
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.