Redwood National Park
About Redwood National Park in Orick, California
Redwood National Park is a sprawling protected area located in northern California, encompassing over 130,000 acres of rugged coastline, towering redwood trees, and diverse wildlife. The park is home to some of the world’s tallest trees, with some towering over 350 feet tall, and visitors can explore the dense forests through a network of hiking trails and scenic drives. The park also boasts a variety of habitats, from old-growth forests to meadows and beaches, providing opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts to witness an abundance of wildlife, including black bears, elk, and marine mammals. With its breathtaking natural beauty and unique ecological significance, Redwood National Park is a must-visit destination for nature lovers and adventurers alike.
Here are some of the top attractions in Redwood National Park.
- Tall Trees Grove: This is one of the best places in the park to see giant redwoods, including the tallest tree in the park.
- Fern Canyon: This stunning canyon is filled with ferns and other lush vegetation, and is surrounded by towering redwood trees.
- Lady Bird Johnson Grove: This grove is named after the former first lady, and is home to some of the oldest and most majestic trees in the park.
- Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park: This park is located at the north end of Redwood National Park, and is filled with hiking trails and stunning redwoods.
- Klamath River Overlook: This overlook offers breathtaking views of the Klamath River as it winds its way through the park.
- Gold Bluffs Beach: This pristine beach is located in the park, and offers visitors the chance to relax, swim, and enjoy the scenery.
- Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park: This park is home to some of the largest and oldest redwood trees in the world, and offers visitors a variety of hiking trails.
- Boy Scout Tree Trail: This trail is named after a giant redwood that is over 1,000 years old, and is a popular destination for hikers.
- Stout Memorial Grove: This grove is home to some of the largest trees in the park, and is a popular spot for picnics and hiking.
- Howland Hill Road: This scenic drive takes visitors through some of the most beautiful parts of the park, and offers stunning views of the redwoods and the surrounding landscape.
- Prairie Creek Camp Rd & Bald Hills Rd
Orick, CA 95555
- Visit website
Orick Fishing Access Beach
2.6 miles away
The Orick Fishing Access is a parking area on the north side of the Redwood Creek mouth near the...
Redwood Creek Picnic Area Beach
2.7 miles away
Redwood Creek Beach is located at the mouth of Redwood Creek about two miles south of the town of...
Freshwater Lagoon Beach
3.2 miles away
Freshwater Lagoon is the northernmost of four separate lagoons in Humboldt Lagoons State Park, but the ocean beach side...
Lady Bird Johnson Grove
0.7 miles away
Harry A. Merlo State Recreation Area
9.2 miles away
Orick Vacation Rentals
1.4 miles away
Elk Meadow Cabins
1.5 miles away
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.