About Cabrillo Beach – Harbor Beach in Los Angeles, California
Cabrillo Harbor Beach (aka Harborside) is located at Cabrillo Beach Park next to the public boat launch in the San Pedro District of Los Angeles. This small sandy beach is on the harbor side of the jetty so the water here is calm and good for kids and families. On nice days the park and Harbor Beach can get pretty busy. On the south side of the park Cabrillo Ocean Beach faces the ocean outside of the jetty.
Cabrillo Beach Park has a lot to offer with a grass park, picnic tables, fire pits, volleyball courts, and two beaches. Cabrillo Marine Aquarium is behind the beach and the historic Cabrillo Beach Bathhouse sits between the inner and outer beaches. A long concrete fishing pier is on the harbor side of the breakwater at the end of the parking lot that extends out from Cabrillo Beach. The Angel’s Gate Lighthouse is at end of the breakwater and is best viewed from the pier.
To find Cabrillo Harbor Beach, head south on Pacific Avenue to Stephen M. White Drive where a large parking lot is behind the beach. The water quality here can be poor because the beach is on the harbor and storm runoff leads to contamination so check water test reports or ask lifeguards before swimming, especially if it has rained recently.
- 3720 Stephen M. White Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90731
- Park Name
- Cabrillo Beach Park
- Other Names
- Inner Cabrillo Beach, Harborside Beach, Cabrillo City Beach
- City Beach
- Pet Details
- No dogs allowed on the beach
- Fee for parking
- Swimming, Kayaking, Volleyball, Boating, Walking, Running, Biking, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
- Lifeguard, Boat Launch, Aquarium, Grass Park, Kids Play Area, Fishing Pier, Restrooms, Showers, Picnic Tables, Paved Bike Path, Accessible Features, Lighthouse
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.