About San Simeon Creek Beach in Cambria, California
San Simeon Creek Beach is at the mouth of San Simeon Creek north of Cambria, CA. This is a wide sandy beach with dunes, wetlands, and driftwood. Birds can be seen and photographed on the lagoon that forms where the creek backs up behind the beach. North of the bridge is a dirt parking area along the shoulder of Highway 1. South of the bridge is the Washburn Day-Use Area with a parking lot on both sides of the highway. A wooden boardwalk meanders through the wetlands and under the highway from the parking lot on the eastern side of the highway. More hiking trails circle the two campgrounds at this location. The camping entrance is off San Simeon Creek Road. These day-use parking areas and campgrounds are all part of Hearst San Simeon State Park.
- San Simeon Creek Rd and Cabrillo Hwy
Cambria, CA 93428
- Park Name
- Hearst San Simeon State Park, Washburn Day-Use Area
- State Park
- Pet Details
- No dogs allowed on the beach
- Free parking along the highway, fees for camping
- Camping, Picnicking, Birdwatching, Beachcombing
- Campground, Trails, Picnic Tables, Accessible Features, Wetlands, Restrooms, Showers
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.