About Playa Pacifica Park on Mission Bay in San Diego, California
Playa Pacifica Park has a sandy beach on the east side of Mission Bay in San Diego. This is a large grass park with a sandy shore that wraps around a calm cove known as Leisure Lagoon. Families will love this park for the beach, the protected swimming area, and the lifeguards when they are on staff.
Near the center of the lagoon there’s a small sand island that is fun for kids to go out to. The Hilton San Diego Resort is adjacent to the park and separates it from another park, Tecolote Shores, just south of here. Paths make it easy to walk from park to park on Mission Bay. The Mission Bay Bike Path runs through these parks and makes a 12 mile loop around the entire bay.
Fiesta Island is across the water from Playa Pacifica and is popular with boaters and PWC riders. Swimming outside of Leisure Lagoon is not advised. Lifeguards are typically on staff on the lagoon during the summer months. After heavy rains, avoid swimming as bacteria-laden water can flow into the bay and needs time to wash out into the ocean with the tides.
Playa Pacifica is located south of the Mission Bay Visitor Information Center where Clairemont Drive ends at Mission Bay Drive. The best way to find Playa Pacifica Park is to enter the address 2000 East Mission Bay Drive into your phone. Park hours are 4am to 2am daily.
- 2000 E Mission Bay Drive
San Diego, CA 92109
- Park Name
- Playa Pacifica Park, Mission Bay Park
- Other Names
- Leisure Lagoon, Leisure Island, Playa 2 Park, Information Cove South
- City Park
- Pet Details
- No dogs allowed in park between 9am and 6pm. Leashed dogs allowed before 9am and after 6pm April-Oct. (changes to 4pm Nov.-March).
- Free parking
- Swimming, Picnicking, Running, Biking, Walking, Bonfires
- Grass Park, Lifeguard, Picnic Tables, Restrooms, Fire Pits, Playground, Basketball Courts, Paved Bike Path
One of the best parks on Mission Bay for families. Good beach and swimming, but don’t count on the lifeguards being there every day.