About Vacation Isle Park on Mission Bay in San Diego, California
Vacation Isle is a man-made in the center of Mission Bay in San Diego. The southern one-third of the island has been saved from developement for use as a city park. Vacation Isle Park has large open grassy areas with many picnic tables. A focal point at the center of the park is a rectangular pond used for racing model yachts and sailboats – something that is fun to watch for anyone when it’s being used. The shoreline has sand with fire pits for bonfires, but the sand terminates at a rocky protective barrier making water entry unpleasant. It’s one of the best parks on the bay for a picnic, but swimming is difficult. The park is so big they put parking lots at the east and west halves with separate entrances. Both lots can be found by turning west onto Vacation Road from Ingraham Street at the center of the island. Paradise Point Resort is north of the park and Ski Beach Park is on the east part of the island.
- Ingraham St and Vacation Rd
San Diego, CA 92109
- Park Name
- Vacation Isle Park, Mission Bay Park, Paradise Point
- City Park
- Pet Details
- No dogs allowed in park between 9am and 6pm. Leashed dogs allowed before 9am and after 6pm April-Oct. (changes to 4pm Nov.-March).
- Free parking
- Picnicking, Walking, Bonfires
- Grass Park, Restrooms, Model Yacht Pond, Fire Pits, Covered Picnic Area
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.