Newport Beach Vacation Travel Information
Corona Del Mar State Beach in Newport Beach, California
Corona Del Mar State Beach is on the east side of the Newport Harbor channel entrance in the Corona Del Mar neighborhood in Newport Beach. This is a state-owned beach that is managed and operated by the city of Newport Beach who call it Corona Del Mar Main Beach and charge a fee for parking. This south-facing beach is a wide flat area with room for volleyball courts and many sunbathers. Even with a huge parking lot (entrance at Ocean Blvd and Jasmine Ave) this triangular beach draws enough visitors to fill that lot.
An alternate free entrance is at the east end of the park at Ocean Boulevard and Orchid Avenue where there is a small blufftop park called Inspiration Point. A ramp descends from this park. A couple rock jetties provide protection from the west so Corona Del Mar State Beach usually offers a safe swimming area. Pirates Cove Beach is west of the parking lot facing the harbor channel.
Ocean Blvd and Jasmine Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92625
- Park Name
- Corona Del Mar State Beach
- State Park
- Other Names
- Big Corona Beach, Main Beach
- Scuba Diving, Surfing, Volleyball, Snorkeling, Swimming, Sunbathing, Bonfires
- Lifeguard, Restrooms, Showers, BBQs, Picnic Tables, Volleyball Courts, Fire Pits
- Pet Policy
- Leashed dogs allowed on the beach before 10am and after 4:30pm, but not between those hours
- Fee for parking