About Crown Point Park on Mission Bay in San Diego, California
Crown Point Park is on the east side of Crown Point on Mission Bay in San Diego.
This park has grass lawns and a sandy beach with fire pit rings along its shores and a large flat sandy area at the south end. This area is used for beach volleyball tournaments and other special events. The park also has a play area for kids, two basketball courts, and a boat launch.
Adjacent to the north is a bird-watching area that includes Northern Wildlife Preserve and Kendall Frost Mission Bay Reserve. Nearby Campland on the Bay is a campground resort for RV’s and tent campers.
This part of Mission Bay is a popular water skiing area so boats will be passing by the Crown Point Beach especially in the summer months.
Fiesta Island is across from the park and over that you can see the tall buildings of downtown San Diego in the distance.
Crown Point Park is located at 3700 Crown Point Drive. There are three large parking lots here so parking is rarely a problem.
- Crown Point Dr and Moorland Dr
San Diego, CA 92109
- Park Name
- Crown Point Park, Mission Bay Park, Kendall Frost Mission Bay Reserve, Northern Wildlife Preserve
- Other Names
- Crown Point Shores
- City Park
- Pet Details
- No dogs allowed in park between 9am and 6pm. Leashed dogs allowed before 9am and after 6pm April-Oct. (changes to 4pm Nov.-March).
- Free parking
- Volleyball, Basketball, Swimming, Sunbathing, Waterskiing, Picnicking, Birdwatching, Biking, Running, Bonfires
- Lifeguard, Restrooms, Showers, Picnic Tables, BBQs, Covered Picnic Area, Volleyball Courts, Basketball Courts, Kids Play Area, Grass Park, Fire Pits, Boat Launch, Paved Bike Path
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.